Monday, July 21, 2014

Steam Pork Belly with Pumpkin and Potatoes

Recipe from the cook book. It doesn't looks good because I cooked the pumpkin too long. I don't have the stock, so I added half cube of chicken stock to the water to make it taste better. It indeed tasted good but I feel too salty for it, hence, I guess use non seasoning stock will be better.

Sorry for the blur recipe, still manage to view what is the main ingredients and methods.

Tips: 
  1. If you don't like it to be too oily, follow the recipe to use spare ribs. I used pork belly. Taste great with belly but kind of too fatty
  2. Again to reduce the oily taste, I found that the canned olive vegetable has its own oil, hence the vegetable tends to be oily. I suggested not adding additional oil, but use the olive vegetable itself to stir fry the ginger and garlic.


No comments: