I used half of the ingredient below as it seems too much for me to work on 1kg yam.
1kgg Yam (taro or 芋头) , peeled and diced
5 tbsp Dried Shrimp, soaked till soften 5汤匙虾米（浸软，切碎）
3 - 5 Fresh Shiitake Mushroom, sliced 5 个香菇
2 Shallots, chopped 2 个小葱头（切碎）
5 Garlic Cloves, chopped 5瓣蒜头（切碎）
5 Tablespoons Cooking Oil 5汤匙油
1 Teaspoon Five Spice Powder 1小匙五香粉
500g Rice Flour (粘米粉)
100g Corn Flour(木薯粉)
1 Teaspoon White Pepper 1小匙胡椒粉（I forgot about this ingredient 我忘了放）
1 Chicken Stock Cube 1块鸡精块
3 Teaspoon salt 3小匙盐
Some Chopped Spring Onion 1支青葱（切碎）
Some Fried Shallot Flakes 炸葱片
Some Red Chilli, sliced, optional 3条红辣椒（切碎）
Some Fried Dried Shrimp, optional 炸虾米
1. Combined batter ingredients, mix well and set aside.
2. Heat up oil in a preheated pan, saute dried shrimps (lightly pound) over medium heat until fragrant. Add shallot, garlic and shallots, stir-fry until aromatic.
3. Next stir in yam and five spice powder, stir-fry until aromatic
4. Add batter mixture and seasoning, mix well and stir over low heat until mixture almost thicken, remove from heat.
5. Transfer the mixture into a greased 9" square or round tin, level the surface and steam over high heat for 1 hour or until cooked.
6. When done, removed from steamer, leave to cool. Top with garnishing and served with chili sauce or sweet dark soya sauce