Wednesday, July 9, 2014

Selfish Gene Cafe

Cafe Hopping at Tanjong Pagar - 1st stop, this is unexpected visit as we supposed to go to the other cafe at the same row. While waiting for friend and also due to my hunger(no breakfast yet) so I decided to fill my stomach 1st. Cafe is bright and due to the interior design, I felt the space seems quite wide. There wasn't crowd when we went at 11am, so immediately we got the seat. We were served with the menu


I got Flat White($5) and my friend had Cappuccino($5). There is a promotion with OCBC where if you charged $25 and above you will get a complementary Cappuccino or tea. We just nice hit the $25 minimum and got the Cappuccino for free. How is the coffee? Not strong enough for me and not much aroma. Of course it is not too bad. I am read through the standard coffee portion of the latte, cappuccino etc. However, the coffee tasted quite differently at every cafe.


My friend already decided on we should get a bagel. That's nice as per her recommendation. Toasted Bagel($4) - toasted bagel with cream cheese. Looked very simple but tasted nice. I had changed my concept of bagel equal to hard bread.


Egg Royale($16) - two 62°C slow boiled eggs, lemon scented hollandaise, norwegian smoked salmon on multigrain bread. I tried not to go for egg benedict whenever I visit the cafe but still when I went through the menu, I got this egg royale. Very simple version at Selfish Gene Cafe, egg is running. However, I don't like the bread and egg combination here. It is an average to me.


Selfish Gene Cafe
Address: 40 craig road singapore 089678
Tel: 6423 1324

No comments: