Tuesday, May 6, 2014

Tong Chuan 东泉包点

On the way to UK, we indirectly will pass by Ayer Hitam town. I tried to find something interesting food online and found this cafe. It is selling bao (steam bun) and dim sum. The signature and famous stuff is the big bao. This cafe is non halal as they used pork.

It was only after the next day I knew that cafe was featured on variety show or newspaper before. We got the big bao(with pork), char siew bao and some dim sum to share.

Overall, I felt everything here also taste average. So I will not travel again just for the bao itself. I personally feel for the big bao, I prefer the JB Handmade Bao that is selling in Singapore. The cafe has its own crowd as we reached around 3pm plus and cafe still very full. I saw a lot of people took away too. If you passed by Ayer Hitam, you may drop by this kopitiam.


Tang Chuan Kopitiam
Address: 763, Jalan Batu Pahat, Ayer Hitam, Johor
Operating Hours: 08:30am to 6:00pm

No comments: