Serve 5 people
- Rice vermicelli
- 300g of A1 Sarawak Laksa Paste. If you want to make the laksa paste from scratch, you can refer here: http://3hungrytummies.blogspot.co.uk/2011/11/secret-of-sarawak-laksa-paste-revealed.html
- 200g free range chicken breast
- 10 big prawns
- 200ml of trim coconut milk
- 1 pack of Swanson Chicken Broth
- Bean sprouts (any quantity as you like)
- salt to taste(I did not add as I feel it is salty enough)
- 2 tablespoons of belacan paste(Optional, it would be great to have it)
- young coriander leaves (I did not add this as during the time I can't find it)
- 3 Eggs
1. Prepare rice vermicelli. You can use below way to prepare.
If you have more time, soak rice vermicelli in the water until it soften.
If you are running out of the time, soak rice vermicelli in warm water for 10 minutes(or until the texture you like) and drained.
2. Add 2 litre of water till boiling hot and add the chicken breast. Close with lid and cook until chicken is cooked, remove chicken and put in cold water for 5 minutes. Do not throw away the water, you will use it for your soup.
3. Add the laksa paste to 1litle swanson chicken broth and 1 litre of the chicken water(from #2), bring it to boil and turn to low heat after boiled, simmer for an hour . While done, filter the soup to remove the dregs. I added additional effort to remove the thick oil from the soup due to health conscious.
4. Add coconut milk and cook for a further 5 minutes. Add salt, belacan(if you have) and taste.
5. While #3 is on going, prepare the toppings.
6. When the chicken is cool enough, shred the chicken breast.(I used hand, you can use any method you like)
7. Boiled the prawns. Remove the prawn shells while they are cool enough. Slice the prawns to half.
8. Beat the egg, seasoned and fry into thin omelet. Slice after.
9. When all items are ready, boiled one pot of hot water, cook the rice vermicelli(if you rice vermicelli soak in hot water in #1, you can skip this step) and blanched bean sprouts.
10. Put #9 in a bowl, ladle broth over then top with chicken, prawns and omelet.
11. Top with coriander leaves and serve with lime.