Tuesday, May 27, 2014

Guacamole


I 1st tried this dipping sauce in New Zealand and I found it really nice, but it is quite expensive to buy at supermarket so I try to find recipe and made myself. This can be dipping sauce for chips or even jam for your bread. The only thing is you have to finish it faster, at most can keep only 2 days for my case.

Ingredients:-
  • 2 ripe avocados
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt
  • 1 Tbsp of fresh lime juice or lemon juice
  • A dash of freshly grated black pepper
  • 1/2 ripe tomato or few cherry tomatoes chopped (you can remove the seeds and pulp removed, but I added them all in)
  • 2 Tbsp of minced yellow or red onion or thinly sliced green onion(I used yellow onion as it is not that strong compare with red onion)

Method:-
  1. Cut the avocados in half. Remove seed. Scoop out avocado from the peel using spoon, put in a mixing bowl. 
  2. Using a fork, roughly mash the avocado. (Dun blend it into mashes, the guacamole should be a little chunky.) Sprinkle with salt and lime (or lemon) juice. The acid in the lime juice will help delay the avocados from turning brown or oxidized. Add the chopped onion, salt and black pepper. (salt and pepper you can adjust to your taste)
  3. Cover the guacamole  with plastic wrap directly on the surface to prevent oxidation. Refrigerate until ready to serve.(It stayed only 2 days in my fridge)


No comments: