Tuesday, May 27, 2014

Restaurant Todak

I always heard that seafood in JB is cheap and good(dun know where I got such information but definitely saw it somewhere). I did checked with friends and she said this restaurant part of the famous one that people usually will dine in. She seldom come here because this is not near the place she stays. We were here for lunch because she think may be we should try the crabs. However, we were not lucky enough, all crabs were sold out the night before and it will only replenish at night.

There is pretty sea view(ignore the big ships around the right side of the restaurant) and you eat what you catch or if you dun know how to choose, let the staff choose for you. There are all sort of live seafood. They always served you with nuts(RM2+), if you don't want it, you can let them know.


All live seafood that is waiting to end their life. One of my friend said she was pity with the species there, they dun know they are going to die any-time and become a dish on the table. She felt so bad to eat them. I asked if she has the feeling if eating at other restaurant, apparently if she din see, she is fine.


I had the coconut drink(RM5+) on the hot day. I was not that lucky as the coconut meat was so hard, luckily the juice still quite nice.


Fried Squid with Salt and Pepper(RM26+) - tasted average, it was not crispy enough.


Steamed Snapper Fish in Teochew Style(RM39+) -we all agreed that we can steam better than this. I saw most table was having fried fish instead of steam, make us regret to go healthy..lol


Stir Fried Vegetables(RM14+) - one of my friend said this is the best among all the dishes. I felt slighly salty for me but overall tasted good.


Indonesian Prawn(RM30+) - the prawn was cooked in the curry and served with the deep fried bun(RM1+ each). I personally quite like this curry compare with other seafood dishes.



Restaurant Todak
Address: No 1 Kampung Orang Asli, Telok Jawa, Masai 81750 Johor Bahru
Tel: +60 7-386 3696

No comments: