Tuesday, May 27, 2014

g Cafe

Friends introduced this cafe to us and what made me here was, they told me this is a bear theme cafe, you will see a lot of bear iconic stuff, so I was here. I like the decoration of the cafe - luxury and grand at 2nd floor. The cafe have 2 storey and 2nd storey's decoration is more elegant with the luxury arm chairs.


The glasses are cute and special, it slants one side. We were playing quite happily with it but of course we cannot put down the glass rudely as it will sure spill out.


Grilled Salmon(RM20++) - salmon grilled with lemon spice and served with aglio olio spaghetti and very minimal green. Tasted average, no wow factor. The portion slightly little, for lady just nice but guess guy might need additional order.


gBrunch(RM18++) - choice of 2 eggs, ham and sausage, hash brown, baked bean, avocado, sauteed mushroom, cherry tomatoes and toast. From the menu, I feel it looks interesting but the dish served as below is not the same as what I Imagined. My friend got this and I tried only the scrambled egg, an ordinary breakfast set but it is filling.


Nasi Lemak(RM12++) - Fried spice chicken thigh, traditional sambal and fried egg. You can added chili squid(sambal sotong) for RM4++. Malaysia style nasi lemak in luxury cafe, taste of sambal not bad but I feel the sotong is not very fresh or it might be overcook.


Cappuccino(RM8++) - nice coffee. I had requested the master to have different latte arts for all of our coffees. The bear is a bit disappointing but it was still cute as I think they used the mould. I prefer actual bear the latter art.


Carbonara Ham & Mushroom Penne(RM15++) - penne with parmesan, turkey ham in creamy sauce. The sauce tasted quite good.


There is quite a lot of cake selections. All looks quite tempting but we had limited space so we only choose 2 of them. The cake range from RM9.90++ to RM13.90++(not including the dessert on the menu)


gCheesy Heaven(RM9.9++) - I like this, probably because I like cheese. I felt it is cheesy enough for me. Strawberry Addition(RM9.9++) - strawberry mousse with layered of cake, tasted not bad. Overall, I prefer gCheesy. It was my friend birthday and the cafe kindly sponsored the candle for us. The birthday boy even take away a selection of cake from shelf complimentary on the courtesy of the cafe.


gCafe
Address: 147, Jalan Mutiara Emas 10/19, Taman Mount Austin, Johor Bahru
Operating Hours: 
Mon - Thu: 12:00 noon - 12:00 midnight 
Fri - Sat: 12:00 noon - 1:00am 
Sun: 12:00 noon - 12:00 midnight

No comments: