Wednesday, May 28, 2014

Dempsey House

I chanced to know this vintage high tea session why I was looking for the best high tea place in Singapore. However, the high tea buffet only available on Thursday and Friday which is an unusual time that I am able to go. It happened there is one day I was on leave, so I planned my afternoon there. 

Dempsey isn't very accessible for me. I need to take at least 2 buses to reach here and if I want to walk in, that is a lot of walk as Dempsey House located the most inner. So, I will suggest to save time or energy, you either drive or take a cab in. The high tea is $30++ per pax, you will get 10% off if you come dressed to the 1920s.


Guess where is this place? It has creative design and you can even sit there for a rest or while waiting for your turn. This is the restroom.


I was happy to see the presentation, that is what attracted me. There are 4 teas to be served and you can interchange any-time if you would like to try others. I tried the first three and preferred Muah Muah the most. The lime juice with basil is the one that help you fill up with more sweet stuff. It is really very sour but it really helped a lot while I was having too many cake and desserts.


There wasn't much choice of the savoury but I did try each and everyone except the salad as I felt I don't have enough room for that. So, next time if you are coming for a high tea buffet, remember to have very light lunch. Among all the savoury stuff, I preferred only the think crust pizza and out of all pizza, I like squid ink pizza most but due to some reason, I was prohibited to take any seafood stuff. The puff stuffed cheese macaroni supposedly to be good but was quite disappointed. The puff skin was good but the filling was not great.






Next was all the assorted bread. I personally prefer this session more than the savoury one. However, bread was very filling so I tried all type of bread with the spreads once. The truffles mushroom was nice but slightly too salty for me, must go with bread. I like tuna pineapple most. Thai chicken tasted very average. There was also cheese platter which was not in the picture. 3 types of cheeses were served, all were great!


Be frank, I was really disappointed with this session as this was the stuff I most anticipated. I almost tried all the cakes and pastries but no cookies as I am not cookie lover. The only I felt nice is the earl grey mousse, the carrot cake and the chocolate cake. The assorted cupcake although having different flavour but all having the same base so nothing much. The double chocolate cupcake was nice. Cheesecake taste very average, sad with my bread pudding - too dry. The custard tart taste quite good but the crust was too think.


Dempsey House
Address: 8D Dempsey Rd, Singapore 249672
Tel: 6475 7787
Operating Hours:
Mon to Thur 12pm-11pm (last order 10pm)
Fri 12pm-12mn (last order 10.30pm)
Sat 11am-12mn (last order 10.30pm)
Sun 9am-11pm (last order 10pm)
Vintage High Tea: Every Thursday and Friday 3pm-5:30pm

No comments: