Wednesday, May 28, 2014

Yi Jia South Village Seafood Restaurant一家南村海鲜

On the 1st day of moving, I being Cinderella for the whole afternoon and realized I had not have any lunch. Me and another Cinderella decided to go and source for food. It was a Sunday evening around 4pm and not much choices for us as lot of hawker place closed. We then found this place and lazy to walk around as we were really hungry.

My friend got the Fish Soup Bee Hoon with additional vegetables ($4.50 +$0.50) and I got the Wa-tan-hor(Wet Kway Teow with egg, $4.50). My friend's comment on the bee hoon:"Tasted alright but is this call additional vegetables?" My wa-tan-hor was disappointing, kway teow not fragrant and sauce did not reach my standard. I admit I am quite picky on wa-tan-hor but I always love to order this whenever I go to new tze char place.

I saw there have some signature dishes especially some reviews said the curry fish head is nice. So my next visit will be the curry fish head!



Another visit to this eating place. This time I brought my family there for dinner. The mushroom vegetables, I like the way the vegetables cooked but not the mushroom. I wonder if it was cooked separately. The homemade beancurd was good, so as the fish. The sweet and sour pork tasted average. Total bill damage was almost $50 for 4. 


Another round of visit when my friend visited me. I got to tried another 2 different dishes.

Three Eggs Spinach - I love this dish a lot. It used 3 type of eggs - salted, preserved and normal eggs to cook with the baby spinach. One of my favourite, tasted really good.


Salted Egg Pork Ribs - This is average, not the kind that I expected. The ribs is really soft but I feel the marinated can be better.



Yi Jia South Village Seafood Restaurant一家南村海鲜
Location: Ee Hoe Eating House, Blk 20 Lorong 7 Toa Payoh, Toa Payoh, 310020   
Tel: 6250 6537

No comments: