Tuesday, July 30, 2013

Food For Thought

I heard about this restaurant from a vegetarian colleague why sourcing the dinner place. She told the breakfast or brunch here is really nice, especially for her, so many choices for her to choose from. I did a check and found that they have a new branch at Botanical Garden. I happened planned a walk there so just nice.  Initially we would like to have breakfast then walk but it was fully booked at 8:30am.  My friends then feel we should start our botanical tour early in the morning as aftrr breakfast it was too late.  Mr Sun will start showing up, so we decided to have brunch or lunch after walk.

Friend C had been to other branch and she missed the cream at Food For Thought. I don't usually take the cream but she said the cream here smells really nice compare to others. We decided to ordered a few for sharing.

Overall the food here is great for breakfast and brunch.


Scone with cream ($4), Macchiato($3) - scone was soft and smell nice especially while it served warm. The best is the cream which friend C eyeing.  It has a nice milk taste which is really different from what I had tasted before elsewhere.  I started loving it too.


Full Works ($20) - All in one with sausage, scrambled eggs, sautéed mushrooms, green salad, tomato, toast, bacon and hashed brown. Huge set of breakfast. I like the scrambled eggs, it had a nice butter smell in it. Sautéed mushrooms are nice too, we all loved it. The rest are all alright, hashed brown is cute in a round shape. I think kids will like it.


Pancakes with Chocolate and Berries ($13) - This is highly recommended why I did a search online. I like this combination, no syrup needed.  Pancake is fluffy and soft. The berries sauce was just nice to go with pancakes and of course the great cream.


Pancakes with Banana and Walnut ($13) - this has to go with syrup.  They are using gula melaka here but still tasted good.


Cappuccino($4.50)  - Tasted average.


Food For Thought
Address: 1 Cluny Road, Tanglin Gate, #B1-00, S259569 
Opening Hours
Mon  -  Sun 8am to 9pm 

No comments: