Monday, July 29, 2013

Ban Heng Restaurants 万兴楼

I had my birthday celebration here because friends knew that I would like to try the Orni (Yam Paste dessert) which I heard is nice. We went to the 1st shop at Boon Keng Station which my friend said it suppose to be the nicest among the branches. It was crowded during the Saturday dinner so I advise if you have a big group, do always make reservation to avoid disappointment.

We had 11 people and just nice to go for the set menu which has 8 dishes include the yam dessert. Overall the food is average.

Starter has standard combination and it is good. The soup is disappointed and too sticky for me. Fried fish was crispy but the fishes were too small hence felt and a bit over fried especially when we ate the head. The chicken had unique banana gravy. Most of my friends cannot taste what is the sauce taste but some of us still can taste it having banana flavour.  Prawn was crispy with tasty pumpkin and butter sauce.  I dun really appreciate the vegetables and noodles but some of my friend like it. Finally come to the dessert, not the best I had but not that sweet, so I still like it.


Ban Heng Restaurants 万兴楼
Location: 22 Boon Keng Road #01-21, Bendemeer, 330022   
Tel: 6291 0407 / 6298 5285

No comments: