Monday, June 17, 2013

Tokachi Seiyotei 十胜西洋亭

I went to AEON Bukit Indah shopping mall on a Sunday morning. Never been to this mall so thinking may be can get something for friends baby full month present.

Originally we were thinking to cook at home but end up we did not have time so we just settle at the mall. Passed by this restaurant and the ramen attracted me. As you may know I am a ramen lover and happen that my friends also feel like the Japanese restaurant quite tempting so in the end we dined there. We came in with a hungry stomach and some of us ended with angry stomach. Dun forget a hungry man/woman is angry man/woman.

The food here overall tasted good but the waiting time was too long. I am not sure if they shorted of chef or any reason, the waiting time like forever, especially for those who was very hungry. I was lucky that mine waiting time was still fine, 20-30 minutes, but friends that ordered baked stuff like waited for almost an hour. I did noticed that not only our table had the same issue, there was one table couple I guessed waited for very long as well. The management of the restaurant has to do something about that else they will sure lose their customer slowly.


Japanese Style Chicken Wings 和豐雞翼, 2pcs(RM7.90++) - this is a very expensive chicken wings, which RM4 per piece. May be we should look at its presentation and the taste. The chicken wings actually tasted very nice where my friend wondering how to make it at home.


Baked Escargot with Mashes Potatoes with Cheese(RM8.90++) - if compare with the escargot that I had in Singapore, this is really very cheap version. Normally it costed SGD8++ with some middle range restaurant and it easily go up to SGD15++ so here is consider cheap. My friend never tried before so I told them you should try here and the picture shown looks good. I am not an expert when come to this, so I am not too sure if the freshness is there, but there wasn't any weird taste. I guessed it should be fine. How is the taste then? It actually tasted good especially with the mashes potatoes. If you are fine with the shell stuff, I would recommend you try this.


Kernel Noodles with Chicken(RM10.90++) - this is not Japanese dish, it is Korean Ramen. Taste wise is standard, nothing special about this.


Chilli Passion(RM14.90++) - Looks good from the picture, so my friend ordered this with chicken and mussel. When it was served, they found no mussel in it and the staff kindly changed for them, but the waiting time was so long that we almost thinking to cancel it as we were running late. Tasted quite good with the sauce mixture and chili flakes when it was hot.


Special Tonkatsu Ramen with Char Siew(RM14.60++) - This ramen tasted quite nice but I didn't really like the texture of the noodles. The flavoured eggs can be better and char siew tasted not bad.


Seafood Baked in Cream Saice(RM15.50++) - It is covered by cheese and taste wise according to my friend, consider quite ok. I tasted a bit, it actually quite cheesy if you like cheese. I am one of them so I will like this.


Our bill damage, compare with Singapore the monetary amount is the same but if you converted to SGD then you will find it consider cheap. However, for local I will think this is not the one that can be afforded often.


Tokachi Seiyotei 十胜西洋亭
Address: Lot F16, Aeon Bukit Indah Shopping Centre,No. 8, Jalan Indah 15/2, 
81200 Johor Bahru, Malaysia 
Tel: 07 2344887

No comments: