Saturday, June 22, 2013

Shimbasi Soba (Paragon)

My friend's friend recommended her saying that Paragon has a very good shoba. 1st glance I see the shop and menu, I found it very familiar but I am sure I never been there. I then think of the handmade soba at Nex. I searched my blog and found, YES..it is the SAME. Shimbashi Soba at Paragonlooks more class and the menu is different from the one at Nex. I haven't been to there for sometime so wondering if they have change the menu.



Shokado B($27.80++) with additional $1++ for Seiro Style - You can choose soba or udon(chilled or warm) and the chilled soba seems having 2 styles and one of them is Seiro. It comes with assorted sushi, prawn and vegetable tempura, sashimi and watermelon. According to friend, she quite like the soba combination especially the sauce.


Handmade Cha Soba Bento "Negoro"($32.80++) - It comes with Scallop and vegetable tempura, French duck meatball, sashimi salmon and grilled Eel, handmade cha soba with chicken broth and beef don. I was very hesitated to order this set(because of the price, so it better be good!!!) but I want the cha soba. I would say overall I was satisfied with it. The tempura is standard, the duck meatball is quite unique, doesn't really tasted like a duck meat but is good. Sashimi and grilled Eel standard, the beef don is very nice but I cannot finish the rice after I had all my soba and the rest. The soba with the dipping broth is quite unique and the broth itself tasted really really nice. After I finished the soba, they actually provided you soba soup to add to the broth as it is salty to make it another soup. Dessert kind of special but the taste is average.


Shimbasi Soba (Paragon)
Address: 290 Orchard Rd, Singapore 238859
Tel:6735 9882

No comments: