Wednesday, June 5, 2013

Foo Hieng Dim Sum富兴点心

Met old friends at Puchong area and they suggested this dim sum place where they found quite good quality. We ordered some fried and steam dim sum.  Some are good, some standard and some below average.

The restaurant has quite a lot of seats, the day we went I think it already occupied 60%, which means the food has its standard.

When it comes to dim sum, siew mai (pork dumplings), salted egg yolks bun, char siew bun or char siew pastry and steam pork ribs always on my list. How I rate the dim sum here? I would say quite standard, not much surprise but there are some items which are quite nice. The Portuguese egg tarts are good with the crispy pastry which is kind of my liking. The filling good also,  a bit sweet for me. There is this bun, 一口包, is steam pork bun which you can just eat at one bite that my friend highly recommended.  Taste not bad and is worth for trying. Char siew pastries are good. Salted egg yolk bun just alright.

The dim sum here average cost $4++ per portion which I think is reasonable.

No comments: