Monday, June 24, 2013

Dim Dim The Hong Kong Pastry

I happened to find out there is this dim sum place at the Marina Link at Marina Square. You may reach there by nearest MRT Esplanade station. I was feeling a bit hungry but dun wish to have full meal. While walking back to City Hall MRT station, I thought of this place and suggested to my friend.

We ordered  3 dim sum. The good thing about here is there is no service charges but they do provide you service.  The only self service is you choose your item and pay at thw counter. Food tasted average. It can be better. May be due to the location, it seems not very popular.


Siew Mai, Pork Dumpling, 3pcs($3.60++) - average taste, not too bad


Steamed Custard Bun, 3pcs($4.20++) - This is really very unique experience as I asked the chef to changed for twice, reason being the custard inside is not well steam, it was cold and still in cube form!! I expected to see the custard flowing and it din't, this is lucky I break the bun 1st while eating else we will be getting cold bun. Only until the 3rd release, it is finally hot inside. They should have certain steam duration, it looks like they just simply steam for me. This is bad!!


Pan Fried Carrot Cake($3.30++) - Tasted not too bad but not flavour enough.


Dim Dim The Hong Kong Pastry
Address: 6 Raffles Boulevard B1-16 Marina Square , Singapore, Singapore 039594
Tel: 6336 9088

No comments: