Monday, June 24, 2013

3 Inch Sin

I just want to find some desserts place near esplanade theater as I was there for the beautiful Sunday.  Esplanade presents a series of beautiful Sunday free orchestra performance every month's 2nd or 3rd Sunday. Depends on the performance group, they have different theme of performance.  I normally quite enjoy it.

As the performance end at 4pm, so I tried to find somewhere nearby and this desserts place showed up. I am not a chocolate lover but do love to try all kinds of desserts.  They are famous for their molten cake (which is the lava cake) with 11 flavours, range $6.50-$7.50 depends on the cake you choose. They have the mini molten cake which priced at 3 for $10. Other like different kind of chocolate cake and tart but those are not commonly have as the day I went, they only have chocolate tart and the lady in the shop told me they dun makr all sort of cakes everyday.  It depends on the availability.  Besides, they do have the simple pastry and coffees served. The cafe is actually very small, not much place to sit in but the time when we went, not much people so we still can got the seat.


Cappuccino(8oz) $4.50 - The coffee is standard, tasted very normally, but this is not a coffee place so dun expect too much on it.


Belgium Waffle($3.80) - Forget about this waffle and save your money on others.


From Left: Baileys($7.50) - tasted good with little Baileys, Original($6.50) - it has more dark choclate content so not that sweet, I like this most. Bottom: White Chocolate($6.50) - this is very sweet because of the white chocolate and very milky. One or 2 spoon taste is enough for me. You can choose to add a scoop of ice-cream with $3. Overall, the lava cake tasted ok, but not warm enough so you won't really see the molten flowing. I still prefer more the one I had at Max Brenner but of course the price is quite different.

3 Inch Sin
Address: 9 Raffles Boulevard, #01-103 Millenia Walk
Tel: +65 6333 4562
Operating Hours: Daily 11.30am – 9.30pm

No comments: