Sunday, September 23, 2012

Bitter Sweet Dessert Cafe

While walking along the Taipa street, we spotted this cafe because of the Serradura cake(木糠蛋糕) as i saw from the book that this dessert is famous in Macau.  After when I back home and did a search, only then I realized Bitter sweet has long been known as the place to find the best in traditional Portuguese desserts. Their signature is the Serradura Cake and Fresh Cheese Cake.

Serradura is also known as "Macau's sawdust pudding", it is actually a layered chilled dessert made up of a sweetened, vanilla whipped cream and crushed biscuits.

We had our early dinner, hence quite full to go into the cafe, so we took away one piece and share among 3 of us. I would said it has to be served chilled for the best texture. Once taste, I know they use Marie Biscuits that we normally have with the breakfast, we do use Marie biscuit for some dessert but like the way Serradura cake have is quite new for me. It tasted good but it will be too much if I had too finish while piece by myself as the cream taste quite strong.

Some simple recipe that I found on this delicious cake.






Bitter Sweet Dessert Cafe
Address: 92 Rua Do Cunha, Taipa, Ilhas, Macau
Tel: +853 2883 0289
Operating Hours:

Mon: 1:00 pm-9:30 pm
Wed - Sun: 1:00 pm -10:00 pm
Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/pages/Bitter-Sweet-Desset-Cafe/113825458904

No comments: