Friday, July 25, 2014

Stateland Cafe

I bought the voucher from Groupon for $15 with $30 voucher only applicable to sweet tooth and beverage. 1st time when I went there, the queue was too long so I gave up the wait. I went again on a Thursday night with friend and it seems the cafe has extended to next door so now has more seats. 

Overall, I wasn't sure on the other savoury item but I will definitely won't back for the main course. Desserts may be is the only that will bring me back, however the waffle is much expensive than others. Glad that I had voucher with me.

Cafe definitely come with coffee so we got Cuppiccino ($4.9) and Toffee Nut Latte ($5.7). These are failed to me. I had wrong type of coffee and I have to remind myself never ever get any coffee with any syrup. Toffee nut smells good but too sweet that I couldn't taste the coffee. Cuppiccino was not great too, the milk taste cover the coffee so it tasted a bit like milk with a bit of coffee smell. It is probably me who feel that as I prefer stronger version.


I got the famous Red Velvet Waffle ($14.9) with add on of additional scoop of chocolate ice cream ($2) and blueberry Compote ($2). The serving was wrong as we did not got our add on ice cream and requested for the change.  Waffle tasted quite good, it was in the mid range if we compared with else place. The blueberry compote tasted great to me. I love that.

We also wanted something savoury so we ordered a Carbonara ($10.9). When the food was served and I tasted it. I had to admit that I never had this bad carbonara before. I wasn't sure is it me and my friend too sensitive with the pork smell. The carbonara with bacon is really smelly to us until we asked the cafe lady that we wanted to have a change as we totally cannot force ourselves to finish it. She took back to the kitchen then came back to us and saying was it fine if they changed to mushroom instead of bacon. We don't mind that as we thought the bacon was the problem. We will served again with the mushroom version,  looks good. We ate and confirm no smell. The pasta wasn't that great. It was ate-able. I had much better carbonara else where.

The very "weird" taste version - totally failed!!
This is the mushroom version

Stateland Cafe
Address: 30 Bali Lane 189866 Singapore
Opening hours:
Mon - Thu 12.00 pm – 10.00 pm,
Fri – Sat: 12.00 pm – 12.00 am,
Sun: 11.00 am – 6.00 pm
Facebook

No comments: