Tuesday, July 22, 2014

Niche Boulangerie

New cafe at Toa Payoh neighbourhood. It is opened by 2 partners. When I visited the cafe's facebook, I found that they actually started their business in Year 2012 but not sure where is the location. 

I visited the cafe for my dinner and I just pick up my choices from the counter. Not too sure if they have a proper menu but I did see the big menu on the wall.


Niche Banana Nutella & walnut muffins($2.5). I love banana flavour dessert. There are some samplings of pastry you can try and we did that before we ordered. This tasted very good with soft texture and smell really good. I asked the owner do they add any essences and they said they don't. It is not from premix, no artificial flavours or essences. Just kilos of fresh bananas for each recipe.


Croque Monsier($6.9) - sandwiches stuffed with ham and button mushroom and baked with gruyere cheese. I love cheese but do not know much type of cheese as I always go for the popular one. Something new I learn. It is simple sandwiches( I think you can do the same at home) but tasted good for me. The green is just simple salad vegetables with Japan toasted sesame sauce.


We was indecisive of what drink to order so we asked the boss to introduced their best drink. He introduced some tea selection with some interesting name, We choose Peace Of Mind($6.8). It comes in pot and you can share with your friend. I can't recall the ingredients for this but you can see on their menu board. Do I have peace of mind? That is very subjective but the tea is nice.


Niche Boulangerie
Address: Blk 128 Toa Payoh Lorong 1, #01-833 Singapore 310128
Tel : 9633 5108

No comments: