Tuesday, April 29, 2014

Ember Restaurant

The restaurant is housed in Hotel 1929. It offer European cuisine with a tinge of Asian and Japanese influence. The man behind the kitchen and this dining concept is Chef Sebastian Ng. However, he will be leaving End April 2014, Chef Sufian Bin Zain will be take over his place. It is highly recommend that you make the reservation before heading down to avoid disappointment.

Overall I am quite satisfied with the dinner although it is not budget. The restaurant ambient is quite good at night, so suitable to have a good dinner over chat. The restaurant have set menu which is $42++. If you want to be more budgeted, try the lunch set.


This is complimentary bread, it is so nice when eat hot. This is bread with sun-dried tomato focaccia and some herbs. I especially like the bread to go with their butter. 


There is set dinner available at $88++ where you can choose 2 appetisers, main course and desserts from the dessert menu. You can also choose to customise your own set menu at $100++.


We decided to go for ala-carte order. We got 2 appetisers, 2 main courses and 1 dessert for sharing. Below shows part of the ala-carte menu, include appetiser, main course and desserts.


Crabcake with mustard with cumin tuile and crab bisque($15++) - I personally feel the crabcake tasted average as I had even better else where. The version here a bit over-fried, so it became not that juicy.


Pan seared scallops wrapped with parma ham, orange and tarragon vinaigrette($19++) - I like the way the scallops were cooked and it could be I love ham so I feel this combination is really good for me.


Pan seared chilean seabass with mushroom and smoked bacon ragout, truffle-yuzu butter sauce($36++) - the most sastified dishes among all the items I had for the night. I really like this. The fish was just perfectly done. I like the sauce and mushroom that served together.


36 hours Duck confit($32++) - This is on the special menu, 36 hours prepartion. I am not a duck person, so I only feel that this is average. My friend said this is not really good as she compared with the other restaurant.

Apple tart tartin with vanilla bean ice cream($18++) - It took 40 minutes to prepare this apple tart. I like the texture but the vanilla ice-cream was too little. The portion can be only for 1 person, so for the price I paid, I feel this is quite expensive.


Ember Restaurant
Address: 50 Keong Saik Rd, Singapore 089158
Tel:6347 1928

No comments: