Thursday, November 21, 2013

Strangers' Reunion

I always wanted to visit this cafe when I found that it has famous coffee. It is opened by Ryan Kieran Tan, Singapore National Barista Champion 2011 & 2012. The cafe's name is quite interesting too - reunion for strangers. It is located at Kampung Bahru, the nearest MRT is Outram Park. We went at 9am and glad that there is no crowd and we managed to choose the seat we like. My friend wanted the wooden table with wooden stools as she felt it has the natural cafe feel.

The cafe does not have fancy decoration, the below art somehow quite nice to hang inside the cafe. The crowd started to fill in after 9:30am and we are glad that we came earlier.


Cafe Latte($4.90+) - the love shaped latte which my cousin ordered. I did not taste it, according to her, this is what she want. Cappucino($4.90+) - the swan latte art which my friend enjoy a lot. Tasted the cappucino and suddenly feel it is quite milk after I had my magic. Tasted average for me.


Magic($5.50+) - Double ristretto with milk. They said they are the 1st to introduce this in Singapore, which said to be the magical ratio of coffee to milk. I used to feel my coffee must have sugar and milk but now I started to appreciate black coffee, that doesn't means I dun like the coffee with milk. I still love it. Magic tasted great for me and after having that I knew I prefer this more than the cappuccino that I usually ordered. The coffee is stranger and it doesn't taste bitter at all.


Florentine($17.90+) - It is served with smoked salmon, spinach, hollandaise sauce with poached eggs. After I finished this, I only found, it seems no spinach served in the dish. This is not the best that I had, it is average.


Smashed Avocado On Foccacia($13.90+ and $17.50+ with bacon or smoked salmon) - we added bacon. The smashed avocado looks like the guacamole that I did myself, it tasted quite different because of the ingredient used. I like this and the bacon just added up the flavour. Recommend it if you love avocado.


We all love waffles, so normally if I am having brunch with my C girl friend, we will get waffles. I then read on the other article said that Strangers' Reunion has one of the best 5 waffles in Singapore. Buttermilk waffles with Artisan Greek Yogurt and Fresh Fruits($12.90+) - waffles is soft and fluppy but I prefer slightly crispy. Greek yogurt is nice but quite watery, I had somewhere which is thicker. Overall, this is a good waffle.


Strangers' Reunion
Address: 33/35/37 Kampong Bahru Rd, Singapore, Singapore 169355
Tel: 6222 4869

No comments: