Monday, August 5, 2013

Cafe Mosaic

Project dinner at Cafe Mosaic when it had the one for one promotion for its buffet. We went on weekday buffet dinner which is $68++, $88++ for weekend. I was looking forward for this buffet, wondering what food it would served. 

There are salad bar, sashimi, sushi, some cooked salad,  cooked dishes, noodles and stir fried vegetables, desserts and fruits. To save my stomach space, I skipped the salad bar, tried the sashimi and prawn. They were fresh and nice. I took some sushi, average.  Next I had the cooked food, not very impressive. Most tasted average.  The stir fried vegetables, less taste and finally is the desserts. I love tiramisu but I got very disappointed here. Not up to my standard, the desserts were all average.  The best I think is the black forest cake. Tried their coffee and I found it so familiar, Boncafe then my colleague reminded me that is the brand of the vending coffees at our office pantry.  No wonder I felt I saw it somewhere.
For the price of 1 for 1, it is worth to try but not with the original price.


We had vegetarian in the group. The hotel can arrange such that they will prepare a set of vegetarian meal for the guest. You can choose either fried rice or noodles. We chose noodles but on the day we had dinner, we found that they actually served Indian Vegetarian - the curry paneer with prata. Tasted not bad too.


Cafe Mosaic
Address: 76 Bras Basah Road, Level 1, Carlton Hotel, Singapore 189558
Phone: 6311 8195

No comments: