Tuesday, July 9, 2013

The Food Dot

I saw the cheap deal on deal.com.sg on the high tea buffet at only $9.90 with numerous selections of petite cakes, desserts and ice cream. I was attracted by the selection of petite cakes listed, so I asked 2 friends along.

The Food Dot located at Little India area. It is just less than 5 mins walk from Little India station. It is new as I do remember that whole stretch of restaurant is Indian restaurant. Food Dot just right the middle. It is a cafe and baking studio concept.  There are 2 areas, front is to serve the customers with drink and pastries,  back is the full set of kitchen where all the pastries are prepared and regularly cooking/baking classes hold there. I like the cafe settings, it is like a mini grocery shop, it sells the utensil for baking and cooking.


Start from top left is Tomato Apple Muffin - tomato with cake sounds a bit weird for me, apparently tastes very good. It is one of my favorite selection, top right is Mango Buttercake - tasted normal. Bottom left is Cheesecake - small cheesecake on biscuit with some cherry sauce. I like cheesecake very much but this has less cheese taste, so not my cup of tea and in fact, all of us feel this is not nice. Bottom right is Chocolate cake with ganache - my another favorite petite cake with  rich chocolate.


Top is Banana cake with Gula Melaka Sauce - tasted ok, bottom left is the chocolate chip cookies, a bit picky of cookies, tasted average but my friend A love it a lot. She finished all with additional order where me and another we only had 1. Bottom right is the Carrot Cake with Marinated fruits - different taste from the other carrot cake I tasted, not my liking.


Left is the Cherry Pie cake - tasted quite good and my friends B love this. Right is the chocolate tart - we all feel not nice, it could be the chocolate is too hard.


Cheesecake Truffle in cup - I like this, it will be better if it is chilled. I saw it was taken out from the display corner, supposedly should be chilled but somehow I did not feel it. Chocolate Mousse on the right tasted average and not chilled enough too.


The petite presentation was great if you take the whole picture like below.


Corn creme brulee - new try but I love the original creme brulee more.


I got the kind and helpful staff to write for me what I had eaten on the day after she introduced us because I cannot remember all the name of those cute petite cakes. I was actually looking forward for another 2 desserts listed on the website when I bought - Green Tea Tiramisu with Chinese Egg Sponge and White Chocolate Brownies with Walnut. Too bad that they changed the menu selection, else that will be good. 


All ice-cream is very normal, I forget to ask if this is homemake but I doubt so as it tasted really very standard.

The lychee tea is free flow, you can have as many as you like, tasted good. I actually expected to have each of us a pot and cup with our own tea selection.


The Food Dot
Address: 70 Race Course Road, Singapore, Singapore 218572
Tel: 6294 9981
Operating Hours: 11:00 am - 10:00 pm

No comments: