Thursday, July 4, 2013

La Petite Cuisine

I found this restaurant while finding a better venue for me and my friend, one north and one west so I was thinking Botanical Garden station will be good for both of us. So I targeted the restaurant there.

A blur photo for the La Letite Cuisine taken at night. Sorry for the quality. They have another branch at Upper Thomson Road. There isn't any service charges and GST, so what you see is what you pay for.


This is the menu for all the starter, entrees and main course. Back side is the desserts and drink which I forgot to take a picture.

While waiting for me, my friend ordered a 4 kind of French Cheese with Crackers($13), it comes with 4 types of cheese(Roblecuon,Polybek, Camoyek, Goat Milk) biscuits and bun. I tried hard to get the staff to tell me what is the cheese and even wrote on the paper but I failed to recognize the handwriting and they said pronunciation is hard for French. I feel not good to disturb them long so I just walked away with what I have. I tried googled the French Cheese but doesn't really match from what I got. May be you can figure out what is the cheese from the picture below.


This came in complimentary, the bun tasted quite nice while served warm.


Filet of chicken w/cepes and Rice($13) - tasted the chicken tender and I like the sauce. looks healthy.


Choucroute Alsacienne(a dish with pork cutlet/sausage/ham/pork belly and fremented cabbage)($19.50) - the cutlet and sausage is nice but I can't really appreciate the rest. It is a huge portion which I think it can be shared by two if you are not a big eater.


Confit de canard with gratin potatoes($17) - I feel I made the correct choice to go with duck, I dun usually take duck, but my impression like French food always have this cuisines on the menu. For last French Cuisine experience, I feel the confit tasted quite good, so I ordered this time. Tasted quite different from what I had previously but this has its own great taste. I like it and the gratin potatoes tasted great too.


The chef behind, he seems come out one a while to check with the customer on how the food is. So I grabbed him for a photo.


La Petite Cuisine
Address: Serene Center, 10 Jalan Serene, Singapore 258748
Tel:6314 3173

No comments: