Thursday, June 6, 2013

Gourmet Paradise Food Court

This food court is always the choice when I have no idea ob what to eat at Toa Payoh.  There are a lot of food court or kopitiam at this area. Over the years, there are quite a number of stalls changes. New join in and the old disappear.

This place has one of the nicest rojak I have in Singapore. When I have rojak craving, I will think of the Soon Heng Rojak but unless I am having super craving else I still will not queue for it as there is always long queue, at least 30mins wait. You will definitely see it when you come down to the food court. The taste is really good but kind of too sweet for me and if you see how the uncle is making, i feel scary of the amount of sugar he put, so my order always come with no sugar and in fact it tasted better with no sugar as the sauce itself is sweet enough for me. another things is the peanut powder that added on top, uncle always give a lot, I love it.

老火汤, Chinese Boiled Soup is always my 1st choice if I come to this food court, reason being I just love the soup here and I always ordered the same soup unless I feel bored on it that day.  老黄瓜排骨汤,the old melon with pork spare ribs soup($4.50, with rice additional $0.50 added), tasted reallt good. I did tried others stall but so far here is still my favourite.


The Hougang Muah Chee, this probably the most expensive muah chee I had.  It costed me $3.50 for the white and black combination. What attracted me is the black muah chee. There are 3 size - small ($2.50), medium ($3.50) and large ($4.50). To get the combination, you need to order medium size one. Dun expect to get filling with the medium muah chee, this is just dessert after your main course although it said for 2 person consumption.  Taste wise, quite ok given the peanut powder smells more fragrance compare with others. However, the portion is really small hence feel not worth the price.


Gourmet Paradise Food Court
Address: 480 Toa Payoh (Central HDB Hub #B1-23), Singapore 310480, Singapore

No comments: