Friday, May 10, 2013

The Tastings Room I

I knew about this restaurant from the Groupon promotion - $29 for 4-Course Truffle Themed Set Meal. It includes:
Starter: White Truffle Fries
Soup: Truffle Mushroom Puree Soup
Main Course: Truffle Cream Linguine with Wild Mushroom OR Rose Sauce Linguine with Parma Ham
Dessert: Gateau au Fromage (cheesecake) OR Carrot Cake with Cream Cheese Frosting

We bought 2 from Groupon and went for the dinner. We were there quite early, around 6:30pm, not much people yet. I actually been passing this restaurant for quite a few time but never stop over for it. There is one chill room for all the wine, the restaurant is comfort.



Truffle Mushroom Puree Soup - This is quite nice but slightly salty for me.

White Truffle Fries - I like the fries as it was crispy and smell great, but again a bit salty for me.

Rose Sauce Linguine with Parma Ham - My friend got this and I tried it. Taste ok but not the kind of my liking.

Truffle Cream Linguine with Wild Mushroom - I prefer white sauce and this tasted really good. It has to be eaten while hot, as when it turned cold, the taste become different. I was talking to my friend while eating and  it took me sometime to finish it. Actually our chat not very long, may be the air conditional is too strong, my food became cold easily and it doesn't taste good as when it is hot.

Macha Red Bean Cake & Cheese Cake - The 2 cakes tasted good, I love them, will be better if it is less sweet. Originally it suppose should be the carrot cake but they changed the menu. I heard the carrot cake here is nice and worth to try.


The Tastings Room
Address:
6 Raffles Boulevard Marina Square #01-08 Singapore 039594
Make Reservation: (65) 6338 1829

Website: http://www.thetastingsroom.com/

No comments: