Monday, May 27, 2013

The Ramen Champion

I got back from holiday and reached airport around 5 something and thought of settling the dinner at the airport. While thinking what to eat, my friend said she had to go to Terminal 3 (T3) for the bus. She then suggested ramen, just at the same time I am thinking that too and I found out we both love the ajitama (flavoured egg). I know Ramen Champion for quite sometime, and actually only plan to taste it the coming weekend when I need to travel to KL. Now I can taste it earlier.

Ramen Champion in T3 has 4 ramen stall - Ikkousha, Keishoken and another 2 I forget what is the stall(Will update when I go back the coming week). It is designed to replicate the ramen museum in Yokohama, Japan.


I walked around and was quite indecisive because all looks good. I then decided to go with my friend recommendation of Ikkousha Ramen. Ikkousha is one of the most celebrated ramen restaurants of Fukuoka in Hakata. It won the Ultimate Ramen Champion (URC) of 2011 with its Hakata-style thin, springy noodles, smooth pure-pork broth and ajitama. I love hakata style ramen because of the texture. The Hakata ramen of Ikkousha is a bit different from the normal Hakata ramen that I tried, its has more skinny texture and non-round feel. However, it still tasted nice to me. The broth is not very salty, it suite me and it come with 3 slices of char siew(bigger than some ramen's char siew). The char siew tasted good, just nice for me. Ajitama are well done too, love it also. With some vegetables like green onion and black fungus, I am very satisfy with the choice of ramen. Yummy!




Ramen Champion (Changi Airport Terminal 3)
Address: 65 Airport Boulevard #B2-58 Changi Airport Terminal 3
Tel: 62142958

No comments: