Tuesday, May 14, 2013

The Marmalade Pantry

Heard about this place for good tea time because of its desserts. I did a search online and it seems also famous for its variety of cupcakes. Originally we were thinking should we had dinner somewhere then came here for the desserts. After some online searching, we found that they serve main course, so we decided to have it all in the same place.

I made the reservation at 7pm for dinner, thought it will be crowded but surprisingly it is not. I went to Orchard branch and it is located right in the open space of the mall, environment wise nothing special, not much decoration. The only thing I feel nice is the fresh flower in small vase that is appealing   This is pricey to dine in, if I will come back, sure not for the food but for the desserts.

I guess the cupcakes should be one of the best seller. When we got the staff to recommend their best selling, she told us most of the cupcakes were taken, only left William, Strawberry and Cream, and Granny's Apple. So among these 3, we asked her to recommend again, she seems to be quite stress about it. In the end we took William and that was the last for the day also. I am not the cupcake's fan, so cannot really differentiated what is the best but I am satisfied with the cupcake.

Special Culinary Set - quite a nice one compare with other standard set

CRABMEAT LINGUINI($24++) - with pine nuts, tomatoes and chili, tasted good but the linguini is kind of too hard for me. I wasn't sure if this is normally cook in this way, but to me like not well cooked.

PORK AND FENNEL SEED SAUSAGE LASAGNA($24++) - with mushrooms and parmesan, It is kind of very oily if you look at picture, however taste is good so I try not to think of the thick oil there. I personally prefer the lasagna over the crabmeat linguini.

STICKY DATE AND TOFFEE PUDDING($14++) - with vanilla ice cream, this is the famous one that everyone said should try and I tried it. Very nice, the sticky date pudding is perfect while warm but the toffee sauce is too sweet for me. It comes with a scoop of ice-cream and it made the taste even better.

WILLIAM($4.5++) - chocolate cake with william pear and vanilla with butter cream frosting, The cupcake is consider nice to me, cake not that sweet but the frosting is very sweet and thanks god, it only has a thin layer of frosting.

The Marmalade Pantry (ION Orchard)
Unit 03-22 ION Orchard
2 Orchard Turn Singapore 238801
T: +65 6734 2700
F: +65 6734 2279
OPERATING HOURS
Mondays to Sundays 10.00 am to 10.00 pm

No comments: