Tuesday, March 26, 2013

BlackBird Cafe

Dated friend for movie at Cathay and I suddenly have egg benedicts craving, so find this cafe that nearby. I think I had walked pass quite a few times but never have the idea of having anything here, probably there are too many choices at Dhoby Ghaut area.

It serves New Zealand food. I found no different with the western food that I had before. The cafe is cosy and there are small sofa seat that is perfect for a high tea session. We were there for brunch so not a good idea to sit at those sofa as the table is just too low.


I had flat white and be frank, I feel it taste almost the same as latte. Starting my morning with coffee is just great!


I had my benny with portobello mushroom($13). This is average, for the price of the egg benny, here is consider cheap if compare with other cafe.


My friend ordered French Toast with banana($13). This is really filling and it has 3 big pieces of toast. The toast coasted with aok, kind of interesting.


Chicken Pie($16) - i am not a pie lover, so it tasted avarage for me. This made me think of the best pie that I  had in New Zealand, that is really superb, even a non pie lover fall in love with that.


This must be the worst Tiramisu($7) that I had. I was very disappointed with this. I am tiramisu lover but this is really not fresh I could said. The top layer is hard, it tasted to me like it had been on the shelf for few days. I spoke to the manager of the cafe and she told me the Tiramisu is getting from vendor(not homemade, kinda disappointed as well) and they had it the day before. So it should be fresh, I asked her to try herself and I am not sure if she feel something wrong with that, but she changed for me which she said it was the same batch. The replacement Tiramisu taste alright, at least not as hard as the 1st one. The taste is just average.



Blackbird Cafe
6 Handy Road
#01-01A The Luxe
Tel: 91858116

No comments: