Monday, October 8, 2012

Strictly Pancakes

I had tried the same concept of the pancake restaurant in Australia and happen to find that Singapore also have one. The place located quite central and when we reached around 6:30pm, there were already more than 5 groups queuing. It seems to be quite famous. There are notice board remind you that only 70% of the group here then can be seated.




You can Customized your pancake follow by their Step 1 - 3.
Step 1: Select the stack size - Short(2 pancakes), Medium(3 pancakes), Large(4 pancakes)
Step 2: Choose the butter - Salted, Unsalted, Garlic + Herb, Rum + Raisin
Step 3: Choose Optional Toppings

I ordered 2 savory pancakes, so they allowed me to choose 2 types of butter, where I got Garlic + Herb & Rum + Raisin. 1st time I have Rum + Raisin butter, it was kind of interesting for me. How it actually tasted? I think I am quite traditional as I prefer Garlic and herb butter over the rum and raisin. Reason being I feel it taste a bit bitter for the butter and alcohol.





The Druggie($11) - Indulge in the ultimate chocolate fix with three chocolate pancakes served with chocolate ice cream sprinkled with chocolate flakes and sliced strawberries topped off with the homemade chocolate sauce. This is sweet version and if you are chocolate lover, you should try this. It is average to me.


Garlic Buttered Prawns($14) - Medium stack served with prawns buttered generously with garlic and cherry tomato salad on the side. I love this although savory pancake sounds quite weird but this tasted nice.


Chicken A La King($13) - Chunky chicken and sweet onion slices cooked to perfection and topped with cream sauce and asparagus to go with the medium stack. This is healthy, with chicken breast. It tasted lighter than the garlic prawn. I like it too.


Overall, I feel their savory pancakes are better than sweet pancakes. For us, the above medium portion is too much, we ordered 1 for each of us, but we cannot finish it and we almost left 2 pancakes there. Kind of wasted. It could be because the pancakes are quite filling. So the best will be 2 to share among 3 people. That will be just nice.

Strictly Pancakes
Address: 44A Prinsep Street, Singapore
Tel:  +65 6333 4202

Website: http://strictlypancakes.com.sg/

No comments: