Saturday, May 26, 2012

Tonkichi

Tonkichi, one of the restaurant under Pokka group. The only thing I know about pokka is the green tea can drink. My friend introduce me to this place as she said it is famous for its black pig.

The price is a bit higher if compare with normal Japanese Restaurant. Since it is famous for the black pig, so we must try it.

We ordered 3 set of the Tonkatsu.
  1. Kurobuta Kata Rosu Set - Deep fried black pork shoulder loin, chawanmushi, appetizer, rice and miso soup. The black pig is from US.($28++). We substitute the miso soup with Tonjiru for $5.50++. 
  2. Iberico Rosu Katsu Set - Deep fried Iberico  shoulder loin, chawanmushi, appetizer, rice and miso soup. The black pig is from Spanish, fed on acorn.($28++)
  3. Katsu Zaru Soba Set - Cold Soba, deep fried pork fillet(3pcs), appertizer and chawanmushi ($24.90++)

So what is different between the US & Spanish pork? Actually I cannot tell from outlook. However, I found that I prefer the Spanish one reason being I feel the US pork have stronger pork smell if compare to Spanish.

Tonjiru tasted better than the normal miso soup. They added radish, carrot, meat, leek, toufu and there is one jelly like stuff which I cannot name it. It is better to consume when it is hot.

After the meal, we are served with watermelon for our dessert.



Katsu Zaru Soba Set

Iberico Rosu Katsu Set + Tonjiru
Kurobuta Kata Rosu Set


Tonkichi - Isetan Scotts
4th Level, Isetan Scotts,
350. Orchard Road, Shaw House,
Singapore 038985

Tel: 68354648
Fax: 68353148

URL: http://www.pokkafood.com.sg/tonkichi/

No comments: