Monday, August 4, 2014

Carpenter and Cook Jr

I wanted to visit carpenter and cook cafe at Lorong Kilat but location is quite far and not very accessible for me. Glad to learn about that there is this jr type open at Upper Thomson area.

This is not a cafe but more to take away bakery. It does have a small area which consists only 3 chairs at the counter for you to dine in. I did that after my walk at Mactrichie. Originally I wanted to pack back but we saw the seat and asked the lady if we could sit down to enjoy the coffee and pastries.

Since this is take away outlet, the coffee is served in paper cup and no latte art. The lady said she is working part time and cannot do the fancy type but she will try to. All the hot food and cakes are made in the shop except the croissant and some bread.


The bakery also have new creation - a love shaped Red Velvet with cream cheese frosting for National Day, available from 1st - 15th Aug 2014 only! I forget to take down the cute minicake but you can view on the Facebook page by the link above.


Flat White($5), Cappuccino($5) - the coffee here is no good to me, almost not much coffee taste and very milky. If you like milk based coffee, I think you will like it. My girl friend have the same comment as me.


Ham & Cheese Croissant($4.50) - the croissant is crispy and I like the way that the ham is toasted cripsy too. It might be slightly dry.


Mushroom & Roasted Pepper Quiche($6) - great combination for me. My friend like the cripsy skin and I felt slightly too thick for me.


Lemon Cream Tart($6.5) - the version here just nice, not the best I had but good to try out.


Carpenter and Cook Jr, Jasmine Road takeaway
Address: 17 Jasmine Road Singapore 576585
Tel: 6457 1510
Operating hours: 
Tuesdays - Sundays: 9am - 9pm
Closed on Mondays

No comments: