Monday, August 5, 2013

Ramadan Bazaar Sibu

I always love to go to the ramadan stall to source for food and there are so many varieties of Malay food. They only have it once a year, a month before Hari Raya Puasa during their fasting period. There have BBQ chicken, Malay mix rice, roti canai, roti john, all sorts of kuih, satay, panggang, layered cake, fried noodles, fried food, BBQ fish and sotong etc. One stop for all delicious food which is best for me as I can choose anything I like.

This round I got Murtabak ($2), roti john ($3), BBQ sotong ($5), daging masak hitam ($5- beef cooked in dark sauce, so delicious), satay chicken ($2 for 4 pieces) and sugarcane drink ($6 for 1.5 litre). All food are so yummy and great except the BBQ sotong which had a weird taste for me. For $5, it was considered cheap but when we started eating we hardly can find sotong inside.

I wanted to get the panggang from ‘Pulut Panggang Kak Yam Noor’, a traditional Malay offering of glutinous rice wrapped in a banana leaf and then barbecued. However, I had no luck, when I reached there, they were closed.


Ramadan Bazaar Sibu
Address: Jln Tun Abg Hj Openg, Sibu, Sarawak 
(At the open car park opposite SanYang Building)

No comments: