Wednesday, July 10, 2013

10 Scotts

Located on the lobby level, 10 SCOTTS exudes an aura of elegance and relaxation with its contemporary yet classic décor complemented by a breathtaking view of the cascading waterfall. My friend likes this place a lot and she had been to here for more than 5 times, so when we said high tea she suggested 10 Scotts. The high tea buffet is priced at $53++ per person. The price increased as last two year when I did the check, it is still $48++.

I browsed their website and this is how it describe 10 Scotts. "Feel right at home in the collection of beautifully designed rooms that is sure to surprise and delight. Catch up with friends over coffee in The Dining Room or The Living Room. Admire the beauty of the five-metre waterfall in The Verandah or dine in the Collection Room, where specially selected art pieces take centre stage. If you prefer a little quiet time to do some reading, The Library with its fully facilitated business centre is the place to be. " You really feel relax dining here, that is the reason why my friend likes it so much. 

There are two restaurant seating available for afternoon tea: 1st seating: 12:00 pm to 2:30 pm and 2nd seating: 3:00 pm to 5:00 pm. We choose the 2nd seating. 

The food served to you in the 2-tier tray with some pastries and there is a buffet spread over at the counter where you can have self service to choose what you like.


Food from the buffet tables, I can only taste some as these are all filling stuff. The duck tasted quite good by itself and also wrapped with rice roll.


I chose Rooibos Citrus for my tea. It is South African rooibos, blended with lemon, embellished with orange and suflowers. Tasted light and I like the tea flavour.


Pastries from the 2-tier served, I like the crabmeat ball very much and I had 2 of it. The rest of the item quite common for me, doesn't have too much to expect, tasted average like what you will get some other place.


When I 1st saw this, I thought it is fried egg, thinking not to have egg for my buffet as I wanted to save the space for other special stuff, so I by pass this. 2nd time when I saw again, I was wondering why they served fried egg here and it seemed nothing to go with so I came closer and found that there was some frozen stuff on that "egg". I asked the staff there and she told me, this is ice-cream. The egg white is the vanilla ice-cream and the yolk is the mango passion fruit ice-cream. Interesting! When I brought this back to my table, my friend said:" Why you are getting the egg?". I explained to her and she feel amazed too so she also thought it was an egg.


I ate a lot of lychees and the skin was removed half, easier for me to have it. Tiramisu is nice and the 2 tarts were great. Other desserts tasted average and quite disappointed with the opera like chocolate cake.




10 Scotts
Address: 10 Scotts Road, Singapore, Republic of Singapore, 228211
Tel: +65 6738 1234 

No comments: