Saturday, June 8, 2013

Whampoa Market Fish Steamboat 鱼头炉

I heard about the famous 鱼头炉, the fish steamboat at Whampoa that is really good from a friend.  The one that she originally recommended was the restaurant which she said the price had increased and she felt expensive.  She then told us to try the one at Whampoa Market which is good and cheaper.

Finally I dated a few friends and went on a Friday night.  The place consider not very accessible to me as not many buses will alight nearby but you can take bus from Toa Payoh, Novena, Boon Keng and Lavender MRT, then walk approximately 5-10 mins to get to the market. I arrived just in time as I am late but the food served right after I arrived. Before arriving, I was checking with my friend what is the name of the stall. It is written as Kway Teow Soup stall but they are not selling that.  

The 鱼头炉 looks like the normal fish soup that we have but taste different.  We choose the batam fish which is the common fish used in fish soup stall. The soup is awesome, I love it. There are white cabbages, yams, fishes and I think they added salted fish to it. We added the braised egg and toufu, they tasted great too. For 4 of us, we spent $33 which I feel is not too bad and the 鱼头炉 worth the long travelling here.


Xin Heng Feng Guo Tiao Stall
Address: Block 91 Whampoa Drive, Whampoa Market
Opening hours: 5pm-9:30pm, closed on Tues

No comments: