Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Dragon-I 籠的傳人

One fine weekend,  we went over JB for shopping. We had late breakfast and thus we dun feel hungry for lunch. After when we feel hungry it was almost 4pm plus, so thinking of finding somemore for tea break.  My friend then suggested this place because before that we were attracted by its design and queue. We looked at the menu and it looks good too.


We ordered 寿眉(Shoumei tea) just because we found the name is sounds good and we never try such tea before. It is a white tea that is produced from naturally withered upper leaf and tips, with a stronger flavor reminiscent of lighter Oolong teas. It tasted light to me and I like it. For details about the tea, please visit the English Wiki or Chinese Wiki.


The time we went in, it was too late for the dim sum so I missed the chance to try that. If have chance next time, I would like to try their dim sum as I heard it is nice. We ordered other food instead.  Fried carrot cake, this is good. They used XO sauce I guess and match perfect with the ingredients. Next is the fried corn pancake, tasted ok but a bit oily. 


Shanghainese Steamed Meat Dumplings 上海小笼包.  The crystal pagoda-shaped XIAO LONG BAO (Shanghainese Steamed Meat Dumplings) originated from Shanghai’s Nanxiang Town. The filling is a skillfully-balanced mix of minced pork shank, ginger and natural pork skin gelatin, which after steaming, melts into a tasty, delicious soup. To eat it, lift the dumpling gently and place it on a spoon, then pinch small a hole at the base. Carefully sip the hot melted soup before consuming the dumpling with the shredded ginger and Chinese black vinegar condiment it is served with for that perfect gourmet taste.   
**Information taken from Dragon-i Website.

I always use my way to eat this by bite a hole at the base(it is just because I tried to eat as a whole and I was hurt by the hot soup!!) and drink the soup 1st then only add ginger and vinegar before reading  on how to eat Xiao Long Bao. Great that I am having the correct way:)



Dragon-I 籠的傳人
Address:
Johor Bahru City Square (Office Tower)
Lot No. J3-36, Level 3
106-108 Jalan Wong Ah Fook
80000 Johor Bahru,  Johor
Tel : +607-222 1288

No comments: