Friday, March 21, 2014

Tim Restaurant And Cafe

Tims Restaurant & Cafe is located on Lorong 4 Toa Payoh which serves Western & Nepalese cuisine. I knew about this when my colleague and friend recommended to me about this neighbourhood eatery which served good portion with decent price. I was attracted by its Nepalese cuisine as I never had one before.

I suggested to friends on one of our gathering. It is just 5 mins walk from Braddell MRT. If you come from Toa Payoh, you probably need to take bus or walk for 15 mins(or more) to get to this restaurant. We all went for the easy choice, the set menu which include starters(soup and salad), main course, drink and desserts as we love all in stuff. It was either we did not know how to order for their best food or we were just too picky, we didn't really find that we have a great meal. My friend's comment neither good too, most said:"Okla.." and one said totally not nice. We did ordered momo - a kind of Nepalese dumplings, tasted average.


Garlic bread was normal, there were 2 types of soup. Minestrone soup tasted average and another chinese like sour and spicy soup tasted very salty which all of us cannot appreciate.


Grilled chicken which both of my friend cannot finish. The portion is generous but they said the chicken not well marinated or roasted as the meat inside had no taste. Ribs got the same comment.


Initially I wanted to try the Nepalese cuisine but I got the steak that offer for limited time. This suppose should be nice but the steak that served to me was too fat(half of the portion is fat), taste wise average but if I compare the price($25++) I paid, I think I may get better at other restaurant. My advise is try to stick on what is their specialities. The things that I feel good is the baked potatoes with the sauce and bacon spread.


Chicken Momo that come with unknown yellow sauce, like our Chinese dumpling with more solid minced filling. Chinese dumpling's filling normally quite soft but this version is not. The skin too thick for me.


Teh tarik directly from those Nescafe machine so nothing much to said. The brownie was ok, but the cheese cake tasted like butter cake, cannot feel any cheese inside.


Tim Restaurant And Cafe
Address: Block 95 Lorong 4 Toa Payoh #01-52 Singapore 310095, Toa Payoh, Singapore
Tel: 6250 5246
Operating Hours: 11:30 am - 10:30 pm

No comments: