Friday, March 28, 2014

Rose Veranda

I had been to The Line for its lunch and dinner.  This is my 1st visit to Rose Veranda. There are 2 seating time slots for weekend high tea. 1st seating: 11:30am to 2:30pm; 2nd seating:2:30pm to 5:30pm and we chose the 1st seating.  I probably the 1st to arrive as when I was there. The table was not ready.  The restaurant only let us in sharp at 11:30am.

There were quite a lot of selection on the buffet menu but compared with the line this is considered minimal.  You can get 15% discount for online reservation. On special event and occasions, you will need to expect higher price.

High Tea Buffet:
$45++ (adult), $23++ (child)
Prices and information are subject to changes without prior notice.

You will be served complimentary Ice Happy Birthday Tea. This tea is one of the top 10 tea selection at Rose Veranda. I like it. On top of that you can enjoy 1 selection of tea(out of the 164 teas on Rose Veranda Tea Menu) or coffee with free flow. I choose Shangri-La Tea and my friend had the Geisha Blossom Tea. Both teas have a very nice aroma smell and I love both, whereas my friend prefer the Geisha Blossom Tea.

Start from the cheese section which I love it quite a lot. The only recommendation on this session is it will be great if the bread can be toasted anytime. I love the bread to serve warm. Next is the salad area, 8 or more different kinds of salad with sandwiches.  As too many selection I almost skipped all the carbohydrate selection.

3rd will be the main course, it included the local selection like mee siam, indian curry, Chinese stir fried, some dimsum and pastries. 4th is the Japanese sushi and sashimi session.  I love salmon, that is what all I have from Japanese cuisines. 

Lastly is the moment I was waiting for; the assorted desserts.  It seemed quite similar as what I had in The Line.  I actually quite disappointed with the desserts selection as it didn't have some special stuff that attracted me. All the cakes is quite ordinary,  nothing special about the flavour. I was expecting a really good desserts. Other than this, the service was good. I requested a small birthday cake for my friend and they gave it complimentary for that. The staff even sing song for my friend. It came to the hygiene side where I thought they might need to improve. I wasn't too sure whether the area is too dark but I did noticed flies(or some other unknown insects) flying around the tiramisu desserts. It was placed the highest on the day itself. I can even feel when I moved over my hand to that area. That was quite disgusting as you were seeing a group of unknown insect flying there. 






Rose Veranda
Address: 22 Orange Grove Rd | Shangri-La Hotel, Singapore 258350, Singapore
Tel: +65 6737 3644

No comments: