Friday, March 28, 2014

Chiang Mai Gate Hawker Stall

I had dinner twice at Chiang Mai Gate Hawker Stall on my 1st and last night in Chiang Mai. This is a good place to get your stomach fixed. You can find the mix vegetables stall, noodles, rice, fruits, desserts, drink etc. However, all of the item written in Thai language and there is no English stated so most of the time we can only guess from the food people have or based on the pictures.


All sort of kuih/desserts but we tried non of them as my family seems like no interest at all.




Noodles soup stall that we passed by and we felt that is the best for the hot food. It looks the same as our Stir Fried Kway Teow(wet), but the taste is totally different. They call this soup as there are lot of gravy. It smelled great but slightly too sweet for me as a savoury dish.


Mango sticky rice, very popular dish that you can see almost everywhere. Sticky rice taste average but what disappointed us is the mango. It didn't looks fresh and in fact we almost removed all the black dark area before we ate.


I did not see this stall on my 1st night. I love pad thai because of the noodles. We got the pad thai and tom yum soup to share as we felt like we wanna tried other stuff while walking around. Both tasted quite good and spicy. If you cannot take spicy, do remember to request for less spicy version. We also ordered some fried prawn from other stall. It tasted average but too oily for us.


I heard Thailand famous for it durian and we got one for RM8(after coversion). Why I remember this because I felt one piece of durian for RM8 is very expensive. It tasted totally not nice and we wasted the whole fruits.


No comments: