Thursday, March 20, 2014

Artistry

Cafes in Bugis are booming and you have quite a number of choice if you come to selection.  This time I went to Artistry, an art gallery and cafe combination at Kampong Glam heritage district. At Artistry, emerging artists – both local and international can have a platform for their debut exhibitions, performances, talks and events in an intimate and inviting space. The hybrid gallery and café serves up locally roasted Liberty Coffee and lovingly made artisan desserts, served on beautifully hand-crafted pottery. I suppose wanted to visit gallery after the lunch but was not feeling well.


Photography printing hanging on the wall, there is name tag to the arts which will tell you the title and the price. If you are interested, you may bring them home.


I had French Toast ($14) and my usual Cappuccino ($5). I love the French toast, what artistry served was exactly what I look for, soft and well made. This is peanut butter and jam French toast which tasted really good with ice cream and syrup. Coffee tasted good too and I had requested for my favourite latte arts. Another thing I love is the plate that they served the meal, it seems uneven(not the usual flat surface), but I like it, seems solid. After this I found that this seems is the hand-crafted pottery.


I always want to try the Windowsill's Pie but haven't have the chance. They have a cafe near Lavendar MRT. Artistry is selling that, I will be too full if I ordered another dessert so I took away. I took Vodka Lime ($7) which I a bit regret as initially when I ordered I did not listen carefully, I though it is just normal lime pie but great that the alcohol content is not high. I love lime pie, this is really good except I dun really like the vodka jelly in it.


Artistry
Address: 17 Jalan Pinang Singapore 199149
Tel: 6298 2420
Email: cafe@artistryspace.com 
Operating Hours: Tuesday-Sunday 10am-7pm

No comments: