Tuesday, November 5, 2013

Salted Cake咸蛋糕

Great that I found this recipe as this type of salted cake, I used to have it since young but not many place have it, so far I only see at my homeland. I like this cake because of the sweet and salty combination. It is just so nice. So i tried out my version and the outcome is good.


Full Chinese version from the recipe book.


Cake Ingredients:-
  • 5 Eggs
  • 150g Sugar
  • 180g cake flour / soft flour / weak flour / low protein flour 低筋麵粉(I cannot find this flour so I used self-raising flour)


Meat Filling Ingredients:-
  • 3 Tablespoon Minced Meat(any meat at your preference, I use pork)
  • 1 1/2 Tablespoon Soy Sauce 
  • 1/4 Teaspoon Salt 
  • 1/2 Teaspoon Sugar
  • 3 Tablespoon Deep Fried Red Onion(I used the ready made, you can make your own)


Methods:-
  1. Heat the pan and add 1 tablespoon of cooking oil, add in the minced meat and fried until it is separated evenly, add in the soy sauce, sugar, salt and fried again until the gravy is thicken or dry. Add in the deep fried red onion and set aside.
  2. Beat the eggs in the big bowl until fluffy then add in sugar and beat until it turn milky white colour.
  3. Sift the flour, add in slowly(divided into few times) to the eggs mixture(#2), stir the flour and egg mixture until smooth. Repeat the steps until all the flour is finished.
  4. Take out the mold(deeper better), layered with oil and flour(thin layer), put it half of the mixed cake ingredients(#3), put to steamer and steam for 10 mins using high heat.
  5. Add the meat ingredients(#1) to the top of the mixture and spread evenly. Then add in the other half of cake ingredients, steam for 20 mins.(You can always use a stick to pop into the cake to make sure it is all ready)
***You may see my version I can see the meat filling on top, that is because I added too much of the cake mixture for #4, so it is not enough to cover all the meat filling. However, I feel this is not bad also as it looks good. It tasted good too, the only is it is not soft enough, will try another time.



No comments: