Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Santouka Ramen II

I had been to this ramen place 5 years ago, I still remember the queue to go for this famous ramen shop. I revisited recently as I happen to see the promotion on InSing website, I bought the below Ramen Set for $9.80 which original price is $14++. We added extra gyoza for $6++.

My first time try the mixed soup ramen where the soup broth is combination of shio, shoyu & miso. I thought it will be very salty but when I try it, still a bit salty but better than I think of and I quite like the soup. I normally dun take ramen outside tonkatsu flavour. The egg is just nice and yummy. The noodles although is yellow noodles but still QQ texture, which is very nice to go with the soup. No wonder this is one of the top ramen in Singapore. Gyoza can be improved but is better than some other ramen shop, where the filling dun have the weird taste.







Toroniku Ramen is the signature ramen which has the toppings served separately. Toroniku Cha-shu is simmered pork cheek (jowl) meat. Pork cheek meat is very rare and only 200-300g can be taken from each pig. It has a very rich flavour and it is tender like fatty tuna. I will be trying it next round.

Ramen Santouka (Cuppage Terrace)
Address: 21 Cuppage Road, Cuppage Terrace, Singapore
Tel: +65 6235 1059

Ramen Santouka (The Central)
Address: 6 Eu Tong Sen Street, #02-76 The Central, Singapore
Tel: +65 6224 0668


Website: http://www.santouka.co.jp/en/index.html

No comments: