Thursday, August 30, 2012

Crown Palace Chinese Restaurant

My first meal in Melbourne and my host brought us to the chinese restaurant after picking us up from the train station. I forgot roughly what time is it but we should be having late lunch or high tea. He said this is quite famous and when we were inside, there are really full house. They served dim sum at high tea and basically similar as the Hong Kong dim sum we normally have.

The only thing special here is the fried stuff with sugar(picture below, top one), it is like our traditional sugar coated donut. However, this tasted better than the donuts, the smell very nice and soft. The fried carrot cake and egg tarts are quite average.


The steam dim sum overall quite standard. It was nice. I especially like the steam pork ribs, tasted good. The chicken claw here are quite nice, not dry as some of the places their claw's skins are very dry. I dun know how much individually, but I know the total bill is $60, which is around $20 per head. For the tourist like me,  I will think it was quite expensive, due to the currency exchage but as local, I think the price is quite reasonable.








Crown Palace Chinese Restaurant
Forest Hill/Vermont
495 Burwood Highway  Vermont South VIC 3133, Australia
(03) 9887 9822

No comments: