Monday, July 9, 2012

Rive Gauche

I passed by this pastry stall quite often and I suddenly have the craving last week when I passed by again. I got myself 2 cakes - Napoleon & Mango. I am asking the staff what is the best seller, she told me the Strawberry Short Cake. I had tried Strawberry Short Cake somewhere and when I looked at the cake display, I feel it might be the same as other, so I went for the Napolean and Mango. I love them. 

I love the crispy layer of the Napolean but if their whipped cream can be lesser will be even great.

The mango is nice too with the sliced fresh mango between the mousse and topping with fresh mango as well. 

I will come back to try for other cakes.


Napoleon -3 layes of French style puff pastry with a layer of soft sponge and freshly whipped cream with sliced strawberries

Mango - 2 layes of soft sponge with mango mousse

Top: Napoleon($6)
Botton: Mango($5.60)


Rive Gauche

68 Orchard Road
#B2-57, Plaza Singapura
Singapore 238839

Tel/Fax: 63419936

Website: http://www.pokkafood.com.sg/gauche/

No comments: