Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Old Hong Kong Tea House

I bought the Deal Coupon and 10 of us went for the dim sum. Although it is stated as dim sum but dun really have much dim sum choices. It actually have some stir fried dishes(11am-2pm), roasted duck, chicken, pork, noodles and rice, porridge. The food overall is average, some are good but their service is really bad.

1st round of ordering seems ok, although it took us 30mins to wait for our food. 2nd and 3rd round were bad. Order lost, we keep on chasing and we even need to serve ourselves the food and drink. I asked one of the waitress where is my bao, she just simply point to a corner and said:"I think this bao is yours, nah". The food was there for dun know how long and she just serve me like that and I asked how come it ended there and her answer is, we dun know whose food is that so we just put there. I start to suspect the hygienic of the food. This is not the end, we waited for 2-3 hours for our food, and the food was COLD, even for steamed dumpling. How can that be? Our 3rd order(after 2-3hours), we checked and was told they all not make yet, need another 20mins, so since we waited for so long, so we accepted it and this time the food served was hot.

This tea house is opened for 24 hours and I understand the staff may be working long hours but their face look like Mr Bao, not very friendly when we checked our order. One or two were still find, not too sure they just started their shift, that why they are fresh.

However, if you accepted the so many deal, you should expected your crowd to be there. In fact, you should at least have more people. When we talked to the manager, he said 3 of his staff is MC, but that is not the reason I had to wait for my food for 2-3 hours and they still want to charge us service charges where we aren't really being serviced. I will never come back again for its buffet.



Some XO sauce chang fen, which tasted quite good. It is pan fried and cripsy.




Roasted Duck, I dun like it. The roasted pork had a very strong pork smell, make me think of whether they clean the pork well. The Fish Paste Egg Plant is nice.







Steamed Prawn dumpling, pork ribs, siew mai are pretty standard. They are good in a way.  I like the sweet and sour pork. The pork is crispy. The Chu Chang fen is just average. The custard egg yolk bun need to serve hot and only it will taste nicer. The 2nd one we ordered was cold so it tasted totally not good. The lotus rice, I think Bao Today one taste nicer. Char Siew was cold, else it will taste quite good!!










Din taste the curry fish ball but my friend said so so. I like char siew but not from Old Hong Kong. It was very salty not the one I like.




Old Hong Kong Tea House
Address: 86 East Coast Road, #01-09/10 Katong Village, Singapore
Tel:  +65 6345 1932

No comments: