Thursday, July 19, 2012

Late Plate

The power of advertising is really impressive, with the nice picture of the restaurant and the food. So when I saw coupon sale online, without second thought, I bought it and that's why me and my friends are here. It is located at Shaw Foundation Alumni House on the National University of Singapore campus and not very accessible. It took me sometime to figure out how to get in and even get out. The campus is huge. 

Late plate own by Australian Chef Roland Graham. The plate is quite cosy. They have indoor and outdorr seating. However, there are not much vacancy outdoor, may be 3-4 sets of 4 seated setting. We chose outdoor seating as the indoor's aircorn was too strong, I felt like I am inside the fridge. When I was there, not many people, may be it was Saturday, so not much student as well.

Prices are a bit high but they are inclusive of GST. If you are NUS students, you will get 10% off!


I like the way they put the culinary. My no is 7, not a printed paper but a round hanger with no, just nice to hang it there.

I ordered the soup of the day($6++), not bad, but can't remember what is this. I like the crispy long pastry that served together with the soup. Yummy!


Corned Beef Hash($13.90++) - Onion & Gruyere Cheese Baked Eggs with scorched sourdough caper gremolata. I have high expectation on this dish, but slightly disappointed, may due to the egg over-baked and became too dry. Anyway, I still quite like it with some pastry and bread. I am thinking of how to make my own one by may be inventing the ingredient a bit.


Eggs Benedict($16.90++) - 2 poached eggs on kalamata rosemary scones with citron hollandaise & smoked ocean trout, not the best I tried. This is average, it can be better. They use scones as the based, I chose smoked ocean trout but it kinda fishy, not the same as I took last time.  You may choose Shaved Lamb Prosciutto if you dun prefer ocean trout. However, The presentation of this is nice.



Late Plate
Address: 11 Kent Ridge Drive, #01-03 Shaw Foundation Alumni House, NUS, Singapore
Tel: +65 8328 3127
Website: http://www.lateplate.sg/
Operating Hours:

Mon - Wed : 10-18
Thurs - Fri : 10-20
Sat         : 10-16
Sun & PH   : Closed

No comments: