Wednesday, November 6, 2013

Dong Po Colonial Cafe

I knew about this cafe from a friend, when I organized steamboat lunch at home and she said she wanted to bring her mum to this cafe to get the traditional cupcake, so she will be late for our gathering. Dong Po Cafe recreates cakes from 1950s and 1960s Singapore, I guess that is why her mother like the taste as it is the old time favorite. 

I was wondering what is so special about this traditional cupcake but I did not get a chance to try as she said it was sold out. However, she still managed to get some of the cakes for us - almond macaroon,Chocolate Truffle Slice Cake(top) and almond biscotti(bottom). Overall, except for the chocolate truffle, the other 2 tasted quite new for me, but all of the cakes here are too sweet for me. Chocolate truffle just taste like normal chocolate cake that I can get any bakery but this version softer.



Dong Po Colonial Cafe
Address: 56 Kandahar Street, Singapore, Singapore 198904
Tel: 6298 1318
Operating Hours: 
Tue - Thu: 9:30 am - 8:30 pm
Fri - Sun: 9:30 am - 9:30 pm

No comments: