Monday, November 11, 2013

Department Of Caffeine (D.O.C)

I went there for lunch or I should consider as late brunch with friends as we heard about the good coffee and food. The best thing was we ordered different type of brunch item and shared among all of us. Consider there is no GST and service charge here, although the price is slightly expensive to me but still glad that I do not need to pay extra. Although no service charges but the staffs do serve you well. You can also make reservation before you come and they help you to hold the table for 10 mins if you are slightly late. The interior design of the cafe is cosy but quite crowded as space limited and I roughly counted the seats they have. The place can fit in 50+ seating guests, suitable for a small party too.


We had Latte with soy milk ($5 with extra $0.60 for soy milk) and cuppacino ($5). The latte art is not visible enough,  guess is the soy milk that can't hold it well. Cuppacino one looked pretty.


B.O.E ($20) - luxury breakfast with 2 scones topped with smoked salmon and another with ham and onsen egg. It serves normal salad as side. I like the combination, looks healthier than the other 2 items we ordered.


Sundried Tomato & Herb Waffle($17) - topped with scrambled egg and bacon.  My friend love this so much and she will be back for this. I used to have sweet waffle,  1st time having savoury waffle.  Surprisingly I did not feel weird taste, it instead quite good. I am expecting to taste some tomato and herb in waffle which I did not. I wasn't sure is my throat pain affected my taste.


French Toast ($16) - very ordinary toast with banana filling, served with maple syrup, vanilla yogurt, roasted almond and fresh blueberries, it tastes average for me.


Grilled Zuchinni($13) - when I heard that it is cucumber salad, I kind of thinking isn't the same as what I have normally but it is not.  2 colours of cucumbers, capsicum,  roasted cheery tomatoes and it tastes great to me.


Department Of Caffeine (D.O.C)
Address: 15 Duxton Road, Singapore, 089481
Tel: 6223 3426

No comments: