Tuesday, October 29, 2013

Warung Bu Kris

Our 1st meal on the way to Ijen, I was not sure where exactly we were as once got up to the van, the driver told us an hour drive to our lunch place. If you looked at the address, it is stated Denpasar Bali which I only noticed when I got back here else I should have asked the driver where we were. This is like a small coffee shop, food is relatively cheap for us if compare with Singapore. It seems have a lot of branches around Indonesia Island.

It is the penyet style and only then I know whatever end with penyet9in the menue), they will place one layer of sambal (chili paste) on the plate and the main dish on top. The food generally good and we all love the sambal very much.  The spare ribs was not a good choice as I mostly see only the bones and not really meat. Another I found is the drinks are all very sweet for us and when you order,  must always remember for less sweet.


The fish tasted quite good although it didn't seems so, the other stuff, I wasn't confirm what is that as although we know some Malay word but those items on menu, we were out of clue too.


This grilled fish with its sauce tasted very nice but a bit sweet for me. Add on more sambal which I feel it taste even better.


The ribs which I felt only bone, I thought this is beef as after a while I understand their "daging" is beef as Indonesia will not have pork.


Warung Bu Kris
Address: Jl. Teuku Umar Barat 99X(Jl Marlboro), Denpasar Bali
Tel: 0361-7427490

No comments: